From Virtual to Reality 6/21/2010


I am loving the virtual brainstorming session! (See my last blog if you don’t know what I’m talking about.) I have received some good ideas and I will keep you in the loop as to what I find out. Some of you have asked if you can send me coats and blankets. That is a very nice offer, but please don't. By the time you pay for shipping and then we pay the duty fees to pick them up on this end, it is cheaper just to buy new ones here! Some of you have asked how to send money so we can do that. I have included the address below if you want to mail a check. But it also gave me the idea, if I can have a virtual brainstorming session, why can’t I have a virtual blanket drive? And why can’t you all have virtual blanket drives? I am going to send out an email for my virtual blanket drive and you can forward it on to everyone you know! We’ll see how many blankets we can buy! It’s like those emails you get asked to forward on for their kids science project, only this time instead of helping a kid get an A on their report card, you are helping a kid make it through the night without freezing to death. (Was that too much? Sorry, let me scale down the drama. I get carried away sometimes when I get excited about an idea. Not that it isn’t true though.)

If I don’t have your email, write to me at Lisa@afnet.org.

If you want to buy a blanket, you can send a check to AFnet at 3630 Charter Park Drive, San Jose, CA 95136 and just put “blanket” on the memo line of your check.

The photo above has nothing to do with this blog, except that I took it when I was out in Shoshanguve delivering blankets. Wonder how that marketing plan is working out for them…

Comments

  1. I am going to launch the virtual blanket drive Monday when we have our web page up and running. Then you will be able to buy blankets on line for just $6!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment